LGBTQ Alumni Council
About the LGBTQ Alumni Council
The LGBTQ Alumni Council serves LGBTQ-identified alumni and allies of Franklin & Marshall College. We accomplish this by:
- Providing LGBTQ alums and friends of the College with a supportive professional and
social network of individuals with similar identities
- Reconnecting alumni/ae to the ever-changing F&M campus and the current undergraduate
population in order to strengthen support for the College and its students
- Allowing the experiences of LGBTQ alumni/ae to serve the intellectual, cultural and
social well-being of students through role modeling and mentoring
- Supporting the efforts of the Office of Student and Post-Graduate Development (OSPGD)
by providing formal and informal graduate school and career guidance to current students
- Identifying opportunities to connect and collaborate with faculty and professional staff on LGBTQ-related academic and programming endeavors
- Informing the educational and administrative practices and policies surrounding institutional inclusion and equity as they relate to sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression in order to build on F&M's commitment to being a diverse and affirming institution
Board of Directors
Advocacy & Education Directors: position vacant; contact Erica Gordon '05 if you are interested in this role.
OSPGD Director: Erica D'Eramo '10
Event Planning Director: Austin Williams, MD, M.S.Ed. '07
Marketing & Communications Director: position vacant; contact Erica Gordon '05 if you are interested in this role.
Philanthropy Director: position vacant; contact Erica Gordon '05 if you are interested in this role.
Watch the Alumni Weekend panel discussion, "Rainbow Reflections: Panel & Discussion with LGBTQ Identified Alumni," featuring panelists Jeff Aurich '87, Joy Restucci '88, Lawrence Biemiller '80, Brian Rice '01, Sai Somboon '04 and Cheryl Fazio-Hardwick '11, and moderated by Maria Mitchell, professor of history, chair of women's, gender & sexuality studies.