International Student Services
Guiding the Immigration Process
ISS works with F&M’s community of F-1 student visa holders, the visa that allows international students to study in the U.S. ISS also manages the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program, providing immigration assistance to incoming international professors and researchers.
As soon as you commit to F&M, you will be assigned an adviser who will guide you through the F-1 immigration process beginning before you arrive on campus and continuing into your first few years after graduation. With the expert support of your designated school official (DSO) by your side, you will feel empowered to focus on your studies and fully immerse yourself in everything F&M has to offer.
Administrative Immigration Services
ISS offers several services to ensure your compliance with U.S. immigration laws.
- Assistance with immigration documents required for the F-1 visa
- Social Security Number applications
- Campus employment authorization for international students
- Off-campus work or internships and curricular practical training (CPT) authorization
- Immigration consequences of leaves of absence or withdraw from the College
- Post-graduate optional practical training (OPT) work authorization and monitoring
- Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) record transfers or record terminations
- Assistance with J-1 visa exchange visitors (professors, research scholars, and international interns coming to work for F&M)
- F&M’s F-1 compliance
International and Multilingual Academic Support
As an international or multilingual student, you will find unrivaled academic support at F&M. No matter your academic goals, we offer support tailored to your specific needs.
Championing your experience at F&M, ISS oversees several international initiatives on campus.
- Orientation for first-year international students, an event that introduces you to campus and helps you adjust to living and studying in the U.S.
- The international peer mentor program, an initiative that connects you with an F&M international student mentor
- The International Student Advisory Board (ISAB), an appointed group of international students that represent various backgrounds and address issues specific to the international student population and advocate for changes in campus policies in favor of inclusion and diversity.
- Select cultural programming on campus
- Collaborations with DipCares for students who need extra support
Joseph International Center
The heart of F&M’s global community is the Joseph International Center (JIC), a campus space dedicated to bringing the F&M community together across borders, cultures and languages. The JIC is the primary hub for off-campus study planning, international student services, and the international studies academic program.
Apply to F&M
Do you have questions about applying to F&M? We are here to help if you have any questions or need guidance during the application process. Email us at email@example.com.Begin your application »