Alice Drum Women’s Center
Open to All
The Women’s Center offers an inclusive space for all on campus. The Center features a F&Minist library, gender justice resources, free safer sex materials, menstruation products, and a student study space. The Women’s Center also coordinates opportunities for students to develop leadership skills with a focus on community engagement through programming, workshops, and student-led discussions. Popular Women’s Center events include:
- Speakers, readings, dinners, and workshops delving into themes of feminism, queerness, politics, gender equity, and more.
- Programming for Take Back the Night, an international event and nonprofit organization seeking to end sexual, relationship, and domestic violence in all forms.
- Programming for International Women’s Week, Queer Visibility Week, Bi Visibility Day, Transgender Day of Remembrance, Transgender Day of Visibility, World AIDS Day, Indigenous People’s Day, and Galentine’s Day.
- Swag Grab Pop-Up events where F&M community members can pick up stickers and pins and to learn more about ways to engage in LGBTQ+ and feminist communities and programming through the Center.
- Queer Self-Care Workshops designed specifically for queer students to help them explore best practices for radical self-acceptance and community-based care.
- LGBTQ+ Forums designed to center LGBTQ+ students and their experiences of being queer and transgender at F&M.
- Lavender Graduation celebrating the contributions and achievements of LGBTQ+graduating seniors.