Community Leadership Award
The Community Leadership Award offers grants to Lancaster County community leaders to implement four months-long projects focused on alleviating community issues and maximizing impact on all members of our diverse community. Three awards of $15,000 each will be granted each academic semester.
- Projects must fit within three focal areas of CSEwL’s support: poverty and social inequality, environmental sustainability, and social practice and community-based art.
- Individuals must be employed or sponsored by an organization located and/or serving Lancaster County, Pa.
- At least $10,000 of the award must be budgeted for the implementation of the proposed community project. Your maximum stipend will be $5,000.
- Funds may not be used for any other purpose than pursuit of the CSEwL’s Community Leadership Award.
- Applications are limited to one applicant per organization.
Each application requires:
- An 800-word summary of the project
- Applicant’s resume
- Letter of support from sponsoring organization
You must submit your application in Word or PDF to CSEwL@fandm.edu.
- January 6, 2023: Complete applications due
- January 20, 2023: Review process completed
- January 23, 2023: Awarded applicants informed
- February 13, 2023: The program starts. Project implementation should be four months only, unless otherwise agreed with CSEwL. If awarded, you will be required to provide bi-weekly reports/updates and a final presentation or report at the completion of the project.
Each application will be evaluated by the following criteria:
- Community issue: What is the relevance of the proposed project to the mission of the CSEwL and community needs?
- Leadership capacity: How much does this project increase the applicant’s leadership capacity?
- Organizational support: Does the applicant demonstrate support from the sponsor organization?
- Community benefit: How much will this project impact the sponsoring organization and the community it serves?
- Diversity, equity and inclusion: Does the applicant demonstrate a commitment to racial, equity, inclusion, and social justice?
Each evaluation criteria will be provided the following score and a brief evaluator’s feedback note:
- [N/A] No score
-  Unsatisfactory
-  Needs improvement
-  Average
-  Very good
-  Exceptional
If you have questions about the award or application process, please contact us at CSEWL@fandm.edu.